Growing up, I was probably like most people in the sense that I had a very limited knowledge about chiropractic. In fact, when I experienced lower back pain and sciatica at the age of 15 following a sports injury, my first choice for pain relief most certainly was not a chiropractor.
In fact, chiropractic treatment wasn’t on my radar at all. It took a frustrating journey through the traditional medical world for me to finally be introduced to the amazing benefits of chiropractic adjustments.
Now, as a chiropractor in Maple Grove MN, I’ve helped thousands of people get out of pain and witnessed other amazing health improvements along the way. What’s even more surprising to patients, is that many of these benefits have had nothing to do with back or neck pain relief at all.
After seeing firsthand in our Maple Grove Chiropractic office some of these cool “chiropractic side effects”, I have made it a priority to help as many people as I can, through consistent, quality chiropractic care. And also it’s why I put together my list of the top 20 reasons why everyone should see a chiropractor.
Top 20 Reasons To See A Chiropractor
- Your spinal cord is responsible for the communication that occurs between your brain and the rest of your body, including every muscle, organ, tissue, gland and cell. The spinal cord is protected by your spinal column. Damage to the column can result in damage to the cord and have adverse effects on your body’s functional capacity.
- Our bodies are constantly bombarded with physical, chemical and emotional stress. These consistent challenges can manifest as structural problems if left untreated.
- You want to avoid procedures like spinal injections or spinal surgeries. Things that we consistently use, require some degree of maintenance, and our spine is no different. Chiropractic can help reduce the wear and tear of daily living by promoting proper spinal function.
- A properly working spine is essential to keep your back healthy and strong. A strong back gives you the freedom to do the things you want to do, whether it’s running a marathon or picking up your kids.
- Being proactive in our health sets a great example for those around us, especially our children. Make healthy lifestyle choices and those around you will notice. The earlier you can implement these changes the better.
- Pain relief. It’s no secret that many people seek out chiropractic treatment to eliminate acute neck or back pain as well as to avoid chronic pain down the road.
- You want to stay active. When we’re in pain, we often avoid or we’re physically unable to exercise as much as we would like – sometimes not at all. Staying pain free will help us stay on track with our fitness.
- You want to enjoy independence when you get older. A healthy spine is a spine that moves properly. Proper spinal mobility is key in slowing down arthritic changes that can in turn slow us down in our later years.
- Chiropractic care can decrease the risk of injury. A strong and healthy spine is less likely to be injured, if we’re unfortunately involved in a trauma.
- Chiropractic adjustments can help keep your immune system at the top of its game. Research shows chiropractic care can help your immune system by removing stress from the nervous system. When our body is working properly, it has the ability to adapt to the ever changing stresses that come our way.
- Chiropractic treatment has been shown to have positive effects on blood pressure levels following specific adjustments to the upper portion of the neck.
- You simply want to feel good. Proper spinal adjustments feel great and help us feel great too!
- You want to undo some of the effects of sitting, in some cases for 8-10 hours per day. Sitting puts the most pressure on the spine, particularly the discs. Adjustments can help restore mobility and reduce the effects of a more sedentary lifestyle.
- You want clear sinuses and fewer allergies. Increased immune function can help decrease the symptoms typically associated with sinus congestion and allergies.
- Chiropractic care helps build the body stronger from the inside out. We see this every day in our Maple Grove Chiropractic office!
- You’ve been in at least one car accident, crash, fall or other trauma. One large trauma to the spine, if left uncorrected, can lead to additional problems down the road. The right treatment will help tissue to heal properly and reduce the likelihood of additional problems down the road such as arthritis.
- You want to maintain the highest level of health. Healthy spine equals a healthy you!
- You want increased athletic performance. Outside of simply feeling better and maintaining health, chiropractic provides a performance boost for athletes all the way from little league to professionals.
- You want to improve your posture. A strong spine makes it easier to support your body in the most effective way.
- You want to have a great quality of life. The goal is to stay as healthy as possible for as long as possible. Be proactive in your health and the rewards will pay off huge down the road!
So, there you have it. 20 of the top (and sometimes overlooked) reasons to check out a chiropractor.
Check out our Maple Grove chiropractic office to learn more about how chiropractic adjustments can become a staple of your health and wellness routine.